Monday, August 20, 2007

A decision finally

Hi guys,
After much confusion I have finally decided that I will answer the question related to attitude change. The question is: What factors determine the succes of attitude change programs? Descride theoretical bases and reserch evidence about the key elements underlying attitutde change programs.
Ok so there are a whole heap of key terms at the back of the chapter summary, which will help my essay and understanding. However, so far from my readings this is my understanding (not very in depth yet, but a basis to build upon).

A person has a belief and this belief has an attitude attached to it, which includes different emotions that are aroused when thinking about that belief. These emotions can be positive or negative which will in turn effect implicit and explicit attitudes (those we keep to ourselves and those we share with other people). These explicit attitudes therefore produce a "duplex mind" or different competing attitudes in the conscious mind. This happens when person's explicit attitude conflicts with their implicit view.

This is only a very basic introduction to this topic but I will definietly be adding more information as I sift through all the information on the topic. I think I decided on this topic as it seems that many people are focusing on prejudice, stereotyping and aggression and I believe this topic is interesting in looking at how people can change their attitudes and therefore bring about change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are short in money, another viable option is to get downloads. There are a lot of websites on the internet offering free PSP game downloads. free psp games The PSP has been on the market for a few years now and is a great portable gaming device.